What is Women in Super?
Women in Super (WiS) is a national network of women associated with the retirement savings industry in New Zealand. It is a non-profit organisation with voluntary membership.
WiS was inspired by its Australian counterpart, which was established more than 20 years ago and is now a powerful lobby group representing Australian women in financial services.
What does Women in Super do?
WiS organises meetings and events throughout the year. These may be in the form of lunch or breakfast meetings with speakers from business, government or the retirement savings industry.
WiS holds special information events focusing on the needs of women in superannuation and to provide a networking facility for women sharing this common interest.
We also prepare submissions and public comment on retirement savings issues and draft policies that reflect the impact and needs of women.
The three major aims of WiS are to:
- Voice the retirement savings needs of women in the community and the industry to:
- government and politicians
- those developing products and services
- members of superannuation funds
- employer organisations
- regulators, and
- others of influence in the business community
- Increase the number of women in decision-making positions within the retirement savings industry, and
- Promote education and training support for women in the industry and the community to increase their knowledge of superannuation and to provide women in the industry with an opportunity to develop broader business and personal networks.
Who runs Women in Super?
WiS is run by an elected management committee comprising representatives from service providers, regulatory bodies and superannuation funds.
The current management committee is:
|Morven Booth Treasurer (AKL)||029 200 9829|
|Diana Caverhill Functions (AKL)||09 928 3207|
|Tracey Cross Legal, Policy, YWCA Liaison (AKL)||09 916 3773|
|Louise Gibson Financial Education, Policy (WLG)||027 341 7809|
|Maria Flaherty Secretary (AKL)||021 709 963|
|Rebekah Swan (WLG)||04 494 2197|
|Gina Dal Din Chair (WLG)||029 200 7091|
|Hayley Cassidy (AKL)||09 307 6363|
Co-opted Volunteers are:
Janet Hayden (AKL)
For a copy of the 2018 annual report please contact us.